Hello everyone! Today, I wanted to continue the Percy Jackson and the Olympians reviewing series, in celebration that Percy Jackson is coming to Disney plus! This is really exciting because we actually get a, hopefully, good adaptation! Each season will cover each book, so I really hope Disney doesn’t mess this up!
Anyway, today I will be reviewing, The Titan’s Curse by Rick Riordan, the third book in the PJO series! This is a very emotional book, so stay tuned!
If you haven’t read this book, please do, and before you listen to this week’s episode, I would recommend taking a listen to episode #18: The Lightning Thief and #23: The Sea of Monsters. If you already have, great! Let’s get into the review!
The Book Review Podcast
In the third installment of the PJO, The Titans Curse, we start out with Annabeth, our new friend, Thalia, and Percy seeing what Grovers distress call was all about! Turns out, Grover has found two new demigods, Nico and Bianca Di Angelo.
Nico being 10 and Bianca being 12. Though with demigods, comes a monster. After Percy tries to save the Di Angelos from the manticore, which will make sense when you read the book, some stuff happens and opps! Annabeth fell off a cliff. Of course, Percy is devastated.
We also meet the Hunters of Artemis, along with Apollo. We learn more about who they are and a fellow hunter, Zoe Nightshade. New problem, Artemis is missing as well. As the five, Zoe, Percy, Thalia, Bianca, and Grover travel to find the goddess, Percy also looking for Annabeth, they encounter many questionable things.
And there are some.. emotional things as well. This book is funny, adventurous, and the book that really makes you excited for the series to continue
Rick Riordan did it again! I really enjoyed this book, and wow! That’s really the word to describe it. I mean, I was crying, I was happy, and it was such I fun read!
- 320 pages in the book
- There are 20 chapters
- I don’t believe this book has won any awards
- The author is Rick Riordan
- The publishing brand is scholastic
What’s My Rating?
Wow! Ok time to rate! I would obviously rate this a 5, it’s so good! Now, compared to the other books I’ve reviewed this might be my favorite so far? I don’t know. They’re all so good. The emotional impact this book gave was really nice, we met a character you grow to love, if you’ve read the book, you know who I’m talking about. Some plot twists, deaths, and some funny inside jokes.
Would I Recommend?
For someone who has read the previous two? Oh yes! This book really sets you into the Percy Jackson world and how amazing it is. We meet amazing new characters and we really get to experience Rick giving us an emotional feeling towards new and old characters.
And Percy and Annabeth’s friendship, possible relationship, and it’s a fun time! So, if you haven’t read it, please do!
Here’s the highlights segment! (Spoilers ahead)
- The deaths. I have to get this over with. When Bianca dies, I did cry a little, but it’s not when her younger brother, Nico, finds out. After reading the series, this really changes him forever. As happy-go-lucky he is when she is alive, he really gets sad and even depressed when she died. This made me even more emotional with Bianca’s death. Zoe Nightshade. At first, I didn’t like her, but once we really got to learn more about her, you start to like her! And then she dies? Wow, I cried a lot. Her last words, the stars, a connection to the House of Hadesssss wow.
- Percy and Annabeth. Ok! When Annabeth falls, we get to see how much Percy cares for Annabeth, doing whatever he can to get her back. This is the start of Annabeth and Percy growing more then a friendship, but I’ll let you read about that
- If I’m talking about the Titans Curse, I have to mention the Dam Snackbar inside joke. When they go to the Hoover Dam, which reasons I won’t really state, because I don’t wanna spoil EVERYTHING, Zoe makes this quote “Let us go to the dam snack bar, we should eat while we can.” And the others start making so many jokes about it. And boom! That’s how it started, and it was fun to read
Here we go, first off, we meet Nico Di Angelo! This book really shows how he was when we was young, he talked about Mythomagic, he was energetic, in the next books?
He’s so much different! You just gotta love him though. Percy is as funny and sarcastic as ever and amazing as always, along with Thalia, she’s a fun character and she’s a child of the big three as well, so she’s also powerful.
We also made a brief intro to a very important character, Rachel Elizabeth Dare. So far, she seems pretty cool and all, but trust me, you will definitely learn more about her in the next books.
Zoe is a very interesting character as well, she’s a bit more.. formal and she talks more old fashion using words like thee, thou, etc. and, I can’t forget Percy’s sassy pegasus, Blackjack!
Thank You for Listening!
This week’s episode was fun to make and I hope everyone enjoyed it! I’m stoked for the new adaptation. Have a great day everyone, and here is our official Readability ending